When it comes to choosing the perfect splashback for your kitchen, brick tiles can be an excellent option. With their timeless appeal and versatility, brick tiles can add a touch of warmth and character to your space. However, selecting the right brick tiles for your kitchen splashback requires some careful consideration. Here are a few factors to keep in mind:
1. Size and Shape – Our Brick tiles come in various sizes and shapes, so it’s essential to choose one that suits your kitchen’s layout and design preferences. Our standard brick tiles usually measure 215mm x 65mm but we do offer some slight larger and longer, which can create a classic, rustic look.
2. Material – Our Brick tiles are available in two different finishes, each with its own characteristics. Face cut brick tiles where we cut the face from a brick to give an authentic brick finish. Pressed clay brick tiles are another great option due to their durability and resistance to stains and scratches.
3. Color and Finish – The color and finish of your brick tiles will contribute greatly to the overall aesthetic of your kitchen. Traditional red or brown tones can add a rustic charm, while grey or neutral shades can create a more modern and sleek appearance. As for the finish, you can opt for a smooth or textured look, or go for a more textured finish to enhance the brick’s natural appeal.
4. Mortar Colour – Choosing the right mortar colour is crucial to achieving the desired look for your kitchen splashback. A contrasting mortar colour can make each brick tile stand out, giving a bold and dramatic effect. Alternatively, using a mortar colour similar to the brick tiles can create a seamless and uniform appearance, providing a more subtle and elegant look.
5. Maintenance – Consider the level of maintenance required for your chosen brick tiles. Smooth and soft finishes from our pressed clay are easier to clean, while textured or natural brick tile surfaces may require more attention. Think about how much time and effort you’re willing to dedicate to maintaining your kitchen splashback.
6. Budget – Finally, determine your budget and research the options available within your price range. Brick tiles can vary in cost depending on the material, size, and quality. It’s essential to strike a balance between your desired aesthetics and your budget constraints.