The Importance of Sealing Brick Tiles for Durability and Protection
Brick tiles are a popular choice for interior and exterior wall coverings. They provide a rustic and authentic look similar to traditional bricks, but they are thinner and more lightweight. However, to ensure their longevity and durability, it’s important to seal them properly.
Brick tiles are naturally porous as ours are cut from real clay bricks, meaning they can absorb water and other liquids that can penetrate through the pours in the tiles. This can cause staining, mold growth, and damage to the underlying wall. Sealing brick tiles can prevent these issues and provide a variety of other benefits.
Benefits of Sealing Brick Tiles:
- Waterproofing: Sealing brick tiles creates a barrier that prevents water and other liquids from penetrating the tile surface. This is especially important for exterior walls or areas exposed to moisture, such as showers and backsplashes.
- Easier to Clean: Sealed brick tiles are easier to clean and maintain. Dirt, grime, and stains won’t penetrate the surface, making them easier to wipe down and keep looking clean.
- Improves Durability: Sealing brick tiles can improve their overall durability, preventing cracking or chipping. The sealant provides an extra layer of protection that can extend the lifespan of the tiles.
- Enhances Appearance: Sealing brick tiles can also enhance their appearance. The sealant can deepen the color of the tiles, adding more dimension and depth to the wall. It can also provide a glossy or matte finish, depending on the desired effect.
How to Seal Brick Tiles:
- Clean the Surface: Before sealing the tiles, it’s important to clean the surface thoroughly. Remove any dirt or debris that may be on the tiles. Use a cleaning solution specifically designed for brick tiles to avoid damaging the surface.
- Choose the Right Sealant: Of course ours! Our Brick Tile Sealer is the best on the market! There are a variety of sealants available for brick tiles. Our sealer is designed for brick surfaces and is appropriate for all of our brick tiles. Read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and follow them closely.
- Apply the Sealant: Apply the sealant evenly with a roller or brush. Be sure to work in small sections to avoid streaking or uneven coverage. Don’t apply too much sealant at once, as this can lead to pooling and uneven results.
- Allow to Dry: Allow the sealant to dry completely before exposing the surface to moisture. This can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day, depending on the product used and the humidity levels.
Sealing brick tiles is an important step in preserving their beauty and ensuring their longevity. The benefits of sealing include waterproofing, ease of cleaning, improved durability, and enhanced appearance. With the right cleaning solution and sealant, anyone can achieve a successful brick tile sealing project. Remember to read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and take your time to achieve the best results.